ReefCleaners.org

Do Percs come in different colors?

jojabis

My LFS has 2 little baby percs in a tank they said they could hold for me until my tank was ready but they are not the same color? one is orange and the other is..tangerine?

TIA,

mj

Is it possible that one is a false perc? That being said, they do seem to vary in color... inbreeding and such. Some are also black and white - Onyx Percula - very cool, but $$$.

According to liveaquaria.com, tank raised ocelleris clowns are usually lighter in color compared to wild ocelleris clowns. Maybe they are ocelleris clowns? One is tank raised,a dn oterh one is from the wild?

Dr. Saltwater

Amphiprion percula had three white 'lines', dark orange and black on its body. The black is next to the white lines and sometimes even cover the orangje. Keep in mind that the orange they have is very deeply colored! So not very difficult in color, but in drawing.

Amphiprion occelaris is often tank bred. The color is indeed lighter and the lines could be there or couldn't. You'll find more variation in color and drawings with this species.

They can have variations in color just like any of us do. There is no way every clown will look exactly the same.

Also, if they are juveniles, they'll probably darken some as they grow.

Archived