inTank Media Baskets

leather

fishdaddy0831

fishdaddy0831

Just got my first leather. I usualy dont buy corals without reading up on them but this was cheap!!! Its very healthy. Its base is about 4"-5" and its top is about as wide. He sold it to me for $10!!! because hes breaking down the tank. I also got a large zoo colony on a tonga rock for $15!!!

My ? is how easy are leathers, and what do I need to know about them. I never buy corals without reading up, but I couldn't pass it up. Any input please. Also are there any good website that have info on corals other than "forum talk"

fishdaddy0831

Man. no one ever answers my ? its like im talking to myself. Oh well ill just keep talking. Can anyone ID a leather for me? Ill try to get some pics, but its skin tone has a trunk like base that has a disk on top? If I have a name I can find more info in search.

fishdaddy0831

thanks. Ive been looking around all night and found some other pics. I think it is a toadstool. Ive put in in the tank and noticed it has an aptasia under it. Its like growing over it, bad news because I think its iritaiting it. What should I do? If I joe it will that hurt the leather, because the aptasia is almost growing out of it. Oh and um where can I get joe juice none of my lfs sell it.

fishdaddy0831

I bought some online but have no idea when its coming in. Any suggestions on what to do till then. Also could the apatisia kill the leather. Its healthy now and the aptisia must have been there for a long time, because the leather is growing over it. The only broblem at this point is the leather is leaning away from the aptasia.

Archived