Cultivated Reef

Nano Cube w/ 106w... I'm very very scared...

ccjung

ccjung - No problem, I was a bit confused :)

Spacticat - Can I get (2) 32 watts under there and just take out the 24 watts lamps? Can you post up a link or a site where I can take a look at the 32 watt sunpac? I guess I would need an entire retro kit with ballast, correct?

Edit ::::: How can the 32 watt fit under the hood? The hood is only 13.8" wide and the sunpaq is 14"

spasticat has a custom made hood that he made.. Check out his posts... and his tank.. I prefer the stock 24w or 28w configs... If i had the $$$ id go PFO 4x28.

What I don't get is why you guy's spend all this money upgrading nano-cubes, and you still use pc's! At least stick a 70 watt mh in there-or stop upgrading a nano-cube and start from scratch-still, nice mod!

Sam

Thanks for your input guys..

Its well accepted that MH lighting is better than PC lighting for the needs of the reefkeeper. The problem with MH pendants is taht they require the owner to get rid of their stock hood.

To some, this is not a big deal, but to others, part of their decision to purchase the nano cube was for its integrated, all in one package..

I understand that for the money, I could have set up a tank much larger, or with better lighting.. I didnt..

I bought the nano cube cause its compact, and fits where i want it to in my apartment (i have a 16 x 16 waist high cutout in my foyer where flowers go..).

I could easily hang a pendant from it, but I dont want to.. I want to keep my stock hood.

Please respect the decisions of some people to do things the way they want to.. This isnt a forum about MH vs PC. That has been stated to be against the rules in this forum..

FYI.. I am also prototyping kits with 70MH and 150MH in the coming weeks. I am a dealer for PFO, Aqua Medic, JBJ, Commodity Axis.. My site FOCUSes on NanoCubes, so my interest is specific to parts that fit in the Nano Cube Stock Hood..

Thats why...

1 more thing:

I do actinic supplementation and stage sunrise/sunsets, much like a MH pendant with CFs..

In the morning I run an hour and a half:

1 x24 Actinic Blue

2 x 10 T5 - Actinic O3

During the day its those plus:

2 x 24 5050

1 x 24 Daylight..

I cycle down at nighttime back to

1 x 24 Actinic

2 x 10 T5 Actinic O3

Last hour

1 x 10 T5..

I can also control or stage my lights in any possible sequence (i have 6 bulbs).

MHs are nice, but its 1 light

ON/OFF

if you want actinic supplementation, what do you do? You add PCs or VHO..

halides prolly put out more 420-460nm light than your pc's. Just a thought. if I were gonna use the same amount of wattage, I'd want the setup that puts out more light

Archived