ReefCleaners.org

food that promotes color

appleajax

what is a good food to promote vibrant colors in fish?

I just got a percula clownfish and I have frozen mysid shrimp and flake food. what else would be good for its color, or any other fishes color?

thanks

I continually hear that seafood from the deli is really good due to the protein and minerals that saltwater inhabitants need for good true color. Also I have personally seen that Omega one flake is a good color enhancer. Just my personal experience. On the most part I have seen that the fish just do better all around by varying the diet with a good flake food some days. With some mysis shrimp others and round out the diet with algae flake or wafer. just my experience. Love to hear what others are doing.

I supplement some cyclopeez about twice a week. It makes them poop orange which is a nice effect. Guy at LFS said its good for coloration of fish but that it was very rich and not to feed every day. They go nuts over it.

I'm sure its not just coz I'm a proud momma, but when I go into the LFS, I notice my fish are MUCH brighter. I bought a black ocellaris which was light yellow and grey, but now its bright orange (almost red) and pitch black. very pretty! I prefer to feed my fish two small meals a day. here is what I feed..

Every other day... Selcon-soaked Nori, (rub some of it between your fingers and let the current carry the seaweed for the Clowns and water column eating fish), but lettuce clip the rest for the Angel and Tangs.

One meal a week, Fresh Raw Shrimp, Clams, Mussels, Formula 1, Formula 2, Mysis soaked in Garlic (for immunity), Brine soaked in Selcon and Garlic.

Daily Diet - Prime Reef (they LOVE this..)

Variety might be key :)

HTHs

Archived