SaltCritters.com

Help! Dragonflies being born from my fish tank

Hello,

I have a 10gallon tank with 2 plants inside. I’ve noticed at the bottom of the tank these bugs but I didn’t know what they were, but I thought they’d be harmless and when I stocked the fish tank with fish they’d eventually be eaten. I tried to search them up but nothing indicated that they were dragonflies. The other morning I woke up to 1 dragonfly in my room And thought it was pure coincidence. And then again this morning there was a full grown one on my wall. I looked over to the big tank and there is a baby dragonfly that has climbed up the airstone tube that’s looks as if it’s preparing to fly. I am terrified as I don’t like any sort of flying bug or animal. I released the two that flew onto my wall. I don’t want to hurt them. I don’t know what to do about the last dragonfly that hasn’t flow yet. However I also don’t want my fish tank to be a breeding ground for dragonflies, as this tank is in my bedroom. Please help me I don’t know what to do from here. 

• Like 1
anizato

FOLLOWING!

what a fascinating situation. can you post pictures? 

I am sorry you are don't like dragonflies, they are harmless. They are actually beneficial to your garden if you have one. Just leave a window open for them to fly away. Maybe one of your plants had an egg attached to it? or do you know how you introduced the dragonfly eggs to your tank?

mcarroll

You should be able to net out the naiads before they switch.....and with only two plants it seems like maybe you should be able to see how many there are?

Pics!!!!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mcarroll said:

You should be able to net out the naiads before they switch.....and with only two plants it seems like maybe you should be able to see how many there are?

Pics!!!!!

3C43E99F-273B-4C8C-992E-86270B5EF02D.thumb.jpeg.97a7b237c8a7e01aadf054e030fa66d6.jpeg

E59B8526-1F35-4BC0-BF46-8A4BB15F798C.jpeg

• Wow 2