ReefCleaners.org

Patrick

Patrick 171255

Patrick 171255

Hello and Good Morning

I live very rural and our water comes from a borehole, before it gets to our tap it passes thru a particle filter and a UV filter. Would this be suitable for Marine Fish Tank. Thank you in advance

Airedale.Reef

Hi Patrick! 

Good morning to you as well. As you know, water from a borehole is generally clean (no chemicals added to the water), however it could be polluted with natural chemicals and other variables.  A UV sterilizer is used to control bacteria, but does not physically remove the bacteria from the water...it really only neutralizes it. Due to this, you still maybe left with other dissolved organics or other particles. 

Water quality is most important in a reef tank, in which you should really aim for 0 TDS. I would recommend using a RO/DI system to achieve this. RO/DI should provide you with A 0 TDS reading and basically a clean slate to begin. 

• Like 1
Patrick 171255

I have been on Amazon and found this at a reasonable price, I think this will be adequate for my 165ltr tank, any comments or advice is most welcome

Vyair RO-50 4-Stage Slim Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System With MB-115 DI Resin Stage - 50 Gallons Per Day (189 Litres) for Marine Aquariums and Window Cleanin

Airedale.Reef

Although I am not familiar with that brand, it should be sufficient for what you are needing. At 189l per day, your flow rate will be a bit slow IMO, but besides timing, you shouldnt have any issue producing pristine water. 

• Like 1