Coral Vue Hydros

Aquatop Recife 40 Gallon Filtration Options

smoothie7

smoothie7

Looking for help on the filtration of the Aquatop Recife 40 Gallon Cube. The bank has multiple chambers. In the first chamber, there is a filter sponge that takes on water from the tank. The chamber is plenty tall to possibly put something underneath that if necessary. It then flows in to a stack of 4 boxes with different media in them. The top box has carbon infused media cubes, then the second box has Phosphate/Nitrate Removing Media (looks like white sponges) then the last 2 boxes are ceramic quartz rings, kind of like bio-balls back in the day. Those four boxes sit in the center of the back large chamber. My dilemma is I am upgrading the light that requires an arm to be mounted on the back of the glass and will interfere with these boxes. I won't be able to remove them if necessary without removing the light. Trying to figure out what other options there may be.

40gallon.jpg

filtration.jpg

Rhetoric

Looks like a new tank, I'd removed anything filtering out Nitrate and Phosphates ASAP. Regardless of what you do with the light. You don't want to bottom those out ever.  It will cause nasty Dino outbreaks.

• Like 1
mcarroll
18 hours ago, smoothie7 said:

Trying to figure out what other options there may be.

Don't run any media back there unless you have to – leave it empty normally.