Innovative Marine Aquariums

Introducing CoralScape - Digital Reef Designer

CoralScape

CoralScape

Hey nano reefers,

TLDR; i made a web app, where you can design your reef digitally before (or during) your build. Here it is: https://www.coral-scape.com

Over my years in reefing I’ve noticed people commonly ask for guidance on coral placement, and in the rare times color theory has been brought up, people have been interested exploring further but end up disappointed with the lack of guidance on it. 

So, I decided to build a web app that allows you to upload a picture of your reef, and add pre loaded coral images (and shapes you can color customize) to it.

Its called “CoralScape”. I’ve uploaded over 170 coral/invert images so far, and more are being added. You can see exactly how it works on the site. 

I built it because I believe having a planned out vision for a tank increases success. Also, asking friends/communities for advice on coral placement will make us all better reefers. I also wanted it to grow out my tank with color theory in mind. (And i think it may also limit bad impulse coral purchases if I already know what corals i want and where I’m going to put them ahead of time). 

So you create an account (email, google, facebook), pick a plan, and access the app. When youre happy with your creation, you can download the image directly to your computer. 

I do have to charge for it, because it is costing me money to run it. I’ve tried to keep it as cheap as possible with multiple options to suit everyone. Its currently $1.99/1 month, $3.99/3 months or $9.99/year. https://coral-scape.com

Let me know what you think and if you decide to join, feel free to post your images below or PM me, I’d love to see them. 

Lastly, I have some ideas on how I could make it better and improve upon it even more, so if there is demand I will add more to it. Feel free to comment or PM me suggestions/thoughts.

Happy reefing!