inTank Media Baskets

Help me make my tank look amazing

Isaacthedev

Isaacthedev

Hi all. I have a 15 gallon cube tank and it looks so boring. I need advice to liven it up. 
stocking 

2 clownfish 

lighting is reef led50

i am feeling bored with the tank. Anything you suggest to liven it up with corals or inverts is greatly appreciated. IMG_0151.thumb.jpeg.e9da5cd466ea354a7a259c459dd47d6d.jpeg

mitten_reef

If your tank is always lit in blue, slowly add white back into the lighting schedule. Then add some other colors beyond neon green.  Yellow and red zoas are great, as they do show off some fluorescent.  
Most anything that are truly blue can’t really be appreciated under too much blue led. 

AiredaleReef

Sometimes watching coral grow can be boring...

Adding a cleaner shrimp or perhaps a Xenia would add some instant movement and activity to the tank. My skunk cleaner spends most of the day scurrying from rock to rock looking for food and while hoping my clown fish stops by his station for a quick clean. Other crabs would add some like too, as you still should be able to see them from time to time in your 15g. (Boxing Crab/Porcelain crab) Nothing like seeing your boxing crab run across the sand with his pom poms raised. 

Xenia coral could also be another option, as they pulse and sway and will add instant activity to your tank. 

other ideas that seem to keep me busy and interested (Lighting schedule/sunrise/sunset effect, perhaps upgrading some equipment to add some life and variety such as flow, ATO, skimmer etc) 

fenderchamp

Maintaining it  while being patient and waiting for your corals to grow out might not give you instant gratification, but it should give you a good looking tank eventually.   

You should have plenty of time to figure out a good feeding schedule and water change schedule.

What do you have for benthic life growing in there so far?  copepods, anthipods, micro brittle starts, bristle worms, aptasia , sponges etc?  

You could start a nice journal with all the different corals you have in there, and your gear and what you're doing feeding etc with some regular progress shots.

You could also try to take some nice pictures of everything so you can see the growth over time.

I bet in a another year and a half or 2 that tank will have filled out very nicely, if you keep up your end of the bargain.

Watching a reef tank grow is a lot like watching grass grow, only slower 🙂