inTank Media Baskets

Family Fluval XII - noobz

spiders05

spiders05

Hey all.  Have been kicking around getting a tank for years and just committed.  Have had freshwater tanks but wanted to dip toes into saltwater.  Went with an EVO Fluval XII.

Extremely new to hobby, so any and all help is welcomed.  Grabbed some live rock from LFS and a bag of Fiji Pink CaribSea.  

Everything stock (for now).  This is a family tank with goal to have some easy corals, a couple of invertebrates and a couple of fish although I'd personally like to avoid a clown, I have a feeling that's what my daughter is going to push for.

Wanted to get opinions on initial plan on aquascape.  Wanted to ensure I was allowing for sufficient flow and had a couple islands for coral isolation.

Any thoughts are very welcomed.

20240317_094655.jpg

20240317_094650.jpg

20240317_094641.jpg

20240317_094626.jpg

20240317_094615.jpg

colormegone

With live rock I would mix up some water and get it fired up. You can mess with the rock scape later.

Good luck on your tank.

spiders05
7 hours ago, colormegone said:

With live rock I would mix up some water and get it fired up. You can mess with the rock scape later.

Good luck on your tank.

Pulled it back out and put back into bucket, taking note of general formation and will use pics for reference to reposition once we decide where to set things up.

Appreciate it!

Staticmoves

Love the Evo, great tank.

chamber 1 media basket is a great addition to hold filter floss and any media’s you may want/need to run in the future.

toss the sponge, ( my 2 cents )

jebao nano wave maker or Nero 3 depending on budget are great choices for that tank. The Nero 3 would transfer well to a larger tank later as well.

following along.

Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
spiders05

One week wet.  Didn't mix salt well, so trying to get salinity up over time.  At 30ppm now.  

Settled in on rock-lock for aquascape.  Not pretty but sufficient.

First chamber has some marine pure gems and extra live rock.  Chamber two is stock sponge for now.  Bought shelf for floss and other material later.  Purchased Secca 1.0 pump for replacement.

Keeping lights off for another two weeks then will check parameters.  Glass is a bit dirty but will clean before any additions.

20240331_153857.jpg