Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Marine AIO 10g - Pump was too strong so I did this....

AaronRV45

AaronRV45

I felt that the pump on my Innovative Marine AIO 10g was too strong. My corals were not opening up enough. I installed a stainless steel ball valve between the pump and the elbow for the return. I think I cut out about 1.5"s of tubing to fit the ball valve in. I will put the link to the valve below. This helped tremendously!! My green leather finger coral has finally opened and extended properly. I couldn't find any spot in the tank that had a low current so that it would be happy. 

This takes about 5 minutes to do. Put the pump in feed mode. Then pull the outlet nozzle off, then pull the elbow out, lift the pump up and out, and measure the piece of the valve that the hose will not be connected to (I just eyeballed it). Then cut that much out of the tube that is between the pump and the elbow with scissors. Make sure that the valve is as close to the elbow as possible so it is closer to the surface for adjustment. Push the valve into the pump end of the tube and then the elbow end of the tube. Put the pump back down in the sump making sure the valve handle faces to the left so you can put your hand down in there to adjust it. 

Now turn your pump back on. You should have stirred up a mess of nasty from the bottom of the sump so you should be able to easily see the current flows. Then reach your hand down in and adjust the valve to slow down the output to your liking. This made my tank look so much better over a week. My Galaxia is spreading out now. I didn't even know that it looked like it does.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9C62Q1B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Let me know if this helps you out.

Thanks,

Aaron

• Like 1
colormegone

I use similar valves but made of PVC on my Koi Pond filters and they work great. Good job and saves you from buying a controlled pump for much more $

• 1 month later...