Pod Your Reef

All for Reef by Tropic Marin ballpark estimate for 30 gallon mixed reef?

duganderson

duganderson

Any ballpark estimate of how many ml of All for Reef a 30 gallon mixed reef of softies, LPS and a couple sps would use per day?  

Based on what I estimated from what I read, it would only use about 6 ML per day which would only cost about $25 per year if I'm using the large $75 dry bottle.  Am I doing the estimation and math right?

Does the dry powder expire because one large powder contain would last 3 years if my esimatation and math is correct?

Thanks!  Doug

Luminous Reef

The 1600g solution makes 10000 ml.

75 USD / 10000ml * 6ml/day * 365 = 16.42 USD.

I pretty much need 6ml/day with my 30 gallon Lps/Softies system

• Like 1
duganderson

That seems like a good value.  People talk about this supplement being expressive but I really many folks have tanks that are 5-10 times bigger than ours with lots of SPS coral that demand a lot more supplementing.

4 hours ago, duganderson said:

Any ballpark estimate of how many ml of All for Reef a 30 gallon mixed reef of softies, LPS and a couple sps would use per day?  

Based on what I estimated from what I read, it would only use about 6 ML per day which would only cost about $25 per year if I'm using the large $75 dry bottle.  Am I doing the estimation and math right?

Does the dry powder expire because one large powder contain would last 3 years if my esimatation and math is correct?

Thanks!  Doug

Your figures look about right, BUT...

The amount used is going to vary from tank to tank A LOT based on exactly what you're growing AND on your tank's exact setup (flow, et al)...and obviously usage will be continuously increasing as corals grow larger and larger.

Are you trying to keep it cheap, or why are you trying to figure the yearly cost?   (Another product, even DIY, might be a better solution if being cheap is a requirement.)

duganderson

I'm trying to get a ballpark sense of yearly cost and I'm fine with the estimated cost of this.

• Like 1