Coral Vue Hydros

What would happen if.....

D.D.

What would happen if I got a ten gallon tank, filled it with the right sand and salt water and put some cured live rock from my three week old tank and ran an appropriate rio power head in the tank but no lighting on the tank until I can get a lighting strip?

The interplanetary union would collapse, the rock would implode, dolphins would take over the world, ESPI would become sweet and nice, the sun would turn black and men would grow breasts (except those that already have them, they would lose theirs).

OK, got that out off my chest. Actually, all that would happen is you could suffer a little die off from any photosynthetic critters, along with any die off that has yet to take place.

You might want to try black powder and the other powder that Marc Weiss sells. I have heard that it helps keep critters alive in the cycling process. I will add a little black powder to my tank once a week for the soul reason that I have it. Not sure if it helps since I got the two powders after I cycled.

i would just get the light when you buy the rock / sand etc. , would save you asking this question and much less of a worry too.

Don't start rushing or skimping at the start, bad habbit and can only carry on, start as you mean .........

cheers,

lee :) :) :) :)

How long are we talking before you get the light? 'cause if you leave it in there too long you will end up with bald rock (you will still have bacteria, worms, and probably sponges... but not much else).

Archived