ReefCleaners.org

AI Prime 16HD

colormegone

colormegone
9 hours ago, mcarroll said:

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is, eh?

Yes, I would say so. I wonder what businesses like PP and Major CC companies think about this place. It came up when I was searching AI lights.

colormegone
Just now, fenderchamp said:

That's too great of a deal to pass on!

Thanks for the link, I just bought 10! 

I hope your joking but if/when you get them could you cut me a deal on just one. lol

I wonder what would happen if you called them? Might be just a way to get your number for some car repair insurance telemarketing or... I get enough of those having my same phone number for over 20 years, but I almost tried calling when I found this site but chickened out.

fenderchamp
2 minutes ago, colormegone said:

I hope your joking but if/when you get them could you cut me a deal on just one. lol

I wonder what would happen if you called them? Might be just a way to get your number for some car repair insurance telemarketing or... I get enough of those having my same phone number for over 20 years, but I almost tried calling when I found this site but chickened out.

The phone number is that of a furniture store in Arapaho Nebraska.  The address is, the best I can tell, that of a 3br/2bath house occupied of by widow woman in Wheaton, Indiana who has owned the house since 1980 and lost her husband who was 85 at the time a couple of years ago.  

I bought a thing from a sketch/scam website in the past, more out of curiosity than anything, but certainly greed had something to do with it too. I used paypal and initially found the item via Google Shopping.  I had ordered a coffee grinder from kind of similar web site years ago, I assumed they were handling closeouts at the time, I have other ideas now.

I think if Google shopping made merchants pay a small fee for doing due diligence before they display results of scam ecommerce websites it might go a long way to stop them. Another pet peeve of mine is how many google searches for news throw you at paywalls (but that's another topic). 

the scam website item was a paint sprayer for about 1/2 of what you'd usually pay for it, I couldn't find much of a discount on it anywhere else but the scam site. I think it was just under $100, I knew it was a sketchy scam site, it was much like the one you posted, but curiosity and greed got the best of me and it still was not a large amount of money so I decided to order it anyhow, I figured ultimately I could get a refund from paypal if there were problems.  When I didn't get the item or any tracking etc for 3-4 weeks I contacted the seller via paypal.  I heard nothing so I complained via paypal.  I suddenly got tracking notification that the item was delivered from with a link to a tracking number for USPS tracking, but no package was at my door.  The tracking when I looked at the detail via the post offices website the package was delivered to a house other than my own probably a mile and half away in the same zipcode.  

I complained to paypal that I didn't receive the item, it was shipped to the wrong address, and then it got weird, 

Paypal, though they are supposed to shield  their customers from and deal with scammers said "1.tracking, 2. delivered, 3. same zipcode boom done!"   As far as Paypal was concerned, the merchant had met his obligation and there would be no refund for me.  I was certainly surprised by that, but... In retrospect I can guess how paypal might have arrived at this kind of policy.

I had to go to the post office, where though it's against the rules, a postal employee who had been scammed in the same way, printed off a copy of the tracking details which showed a package delivered to an address other than my own. 

It also showed where it was shipped from, it was something that the scammer ordered from a big Party supply, junk importer.  I somehow figured out that the item, which wasn't a paint sprayer was purchased for like a dollar and quarter, I think the shipping/tracking was worth more than the item.  As I recall you could search for orders via tracking on that companies website.

I documented everything, and after a weeks worth of email exchange with paypal's customer service, I got a refund.  It was an interesting experience and I suppose I don't regret it, but I was surprised by the scammers obvious knowledge of the wrinkles in paypal's refund policies, which obviously I as a normal user of the service would have no idea about.  If the postal employee hadn't help me out by printing some documentation off the record for me, I would have been out my money.

I would never play the game and order from a scammer again in any case, ultimately I don't care much about knowing the wrinkles in paypal's refund policies which is the only thing gained for it other than a story to tell.  I retrospect I'd also kind of worry that maybe there could be other outcomes where I didn't get ripped off, but somebody else did like what if the scammer was fulfilling orders with stolen credit card numbers or, lord only knows what.

I don't think it's a good idea to amplify scam sites like that, in the way that you have done in this thread,

It can only benefit the scammer, it can never hurt the scammer, and it's really not all that informative for the general public to know that so and so has an item for way less than you might believe.  

It's one thing if you know it's a scam, and point out how you can tell it's a scam and tell how the scam works, but even then, having links to a website on other websites give strength to the linked websites in SEO world and further amplifies the scam site.  And you just kind of threw it out there to see what people might have thought.  It's best simply to ignore them I think.