Pod Your Reef

Noopsyche k7v3

tdannhauser30

tdannhauser30

When your FanDuel parlay hits on the night game east coast time your prone to making impulse buys..... Can anyone tell me anything about this thing? Good or bad? I've run nanobox duos over my tank for the past maybe 4 or 5 years but I know the bluefish chips die as I have killed one before. Anticipating that happening I ordered one of these Chinese lights based on a few (very quickly skimmed) reviews. Does anyone have anything to say about this thing? Good or bad?? Should I return And order ai hydra?

Good to be back on nanoreef, been awhile. 

They are suposed to be very good for the price.  

Ive heard and seen a lot of good things over at reef2reef.  

If i was doing a low budget frag tank, i would probably use them.  

As for should you return it over a Hydra?  

Well depends on which hydra. 

Its definitely not in the same catigory as a hydra 52, but a hydra 32 it will probably give it a good run for the money.  

The hydra 32 is a better light, but its also a more expensive light, so its ultimately up to you. 

If i was however going to dish out the price on a hydra 32, id probably go Reef-Fi, as i hear those lights compete against Ecotech Radeon's for the same amount of price.  

night_cloud

Did your FanDuel really hit if you didn’t go with the hydras? I joke.. I recently switched to a k7 mini from a reef breeder nano LED. Can confirm it’s decent quality, can also confirm the app is trash but it’s pretty easy to find someone’s schedule to piggyback off. 

Lotta folks have complained about lens burning out and plastic melting with their AI lights. For “premium” quality equipment those issues should be outta the question, yet you go on Reddit or R2R and you’ll often hear it. Most recently the fiasco with the AI blades was really off putting to hear about. 

duganderson

I read a lot of reviews about that light and they were generally very encouraging.  I'm going to be buying the mini version of that light.

• 3 weeks later...
tdannhauser30

Finally got it and set up. Very impressed with it! I am liking the look it gives better than my nanobox by far. Would definitely recommend.