Coral Vue Hydros

Cleaner shrimp lost half its body!!

Seb8316

•  

Hey there guys, I just introduced this cleaner shrimp into my newly cycled nano tank around 4 days ago. He just lost his tail this Friday and idk if it could regenerate back. There is very little info on this topic and I was wondering if there are any people who can help me.It’s in with two clownfish, and a cuc consisting of 3 hermits and 1 snail. None of the tank mates have been bullying the little guy, but he seems to look ok. Will he die?? Do i need to do any treatments? Note: the second video is him a few days ago.  

If those clowns pair up, and scope out a potential nest, and Mr Shrimpy dude decides to walk past said potential nest….. and considering the entire tank is within 12” of said potential nest, Mr, shrimpy dude could lose a tail or possibly an eyeball or two depending on the mood of Mrs. Clownfish.

however, some never run into this issue.

do you know where or how shrimpy lost the tail. (I’ve already considered that the tail was lost in the tank……😎)