Pod Your Reef

My hermit crabs are acting in a way I've never seen before.

crabclem

My hermit crabs have just been introduced, and they have been getting along well. But today I found them like this and I don't know what they're doing. It's been about an hour of this. Should I be concerned? I've never had my crabs do this before and I've owned crabs for several years. They're in too of the climbing log just staring at each other. Sometimes the one in the right moved closer and sort of cuddles or pats the other. They don't seem aggressive and they're not fighting over shells. I know what that looks like, but this behavior is new to me. The new crab is much more social than the original one I had, is this normal behavior?!And advice would be helpful.  ☺️

IMG_20231229_102822432.jpg

natalia_la_loca

they’re falling in 😍LOVEEE😍

Jk, I have no idea. This forum doesn’t focus on land hermit crabs, but maybe somebody else on here has experience with them. I would think if they wanted to fight, they’d be obviously fighting. 

• Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, crabclem said:

My hermit crabs have just been introduced, and they have been getting along well. But today I found them like this and I don't know what they're doing. It's been about an hour of this. Should I be concerned? I've never had my crabs do this before and I've owned crabs for several years. They're in too of the climbing log just staring at each other. Sometimes the one in the right moved closer and sort of cuddles or pats the other. They don't seem aggressive and they're not fighting over shells. I know what that looks like, but this behavior is new to me. The new crab is much more social than the original one I had, is this normal behavior?!And advice would be helpful.  ☺️

IMG_20231229_102822432.jpg

Nice picture.  Good depth of field.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that land hermit crabs have to reach the ocean to have there "Sexy Time" in my best Borat voice. 😏

They may have eateneach other at this point, or they are maybe sorting out there territories. Maybe increase there food, provide larger shells to home themselves. Keep them crabs happy !😂