ReefCleaners.org

Just Added Fish

KoralsandKicks

I’m assuming that is Carib sea special grade live sand.

keep a very close eye on ammonia. 
that’s a lot of fish right off the hop.

feed lightly for the first month.

and I would definitely kill the light with that bio load right out the gate.

hopefully you did not add DR. tims ammonia as well as already mentioned.

and as far as what to do next……..

slow it right down and carefully observe. 
listen to the consensus in the feedback.

• Agree 1
KoralsandKicks

I’ve listened to all the feedback in the comments and I have taken action.I shut the lights off and will test the levels again once I get home. Thank you for informing me on all of these things as they are new to me. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

I hope your fish will be ok. 🤞Adding fish so quickly dont be surprised when the ugly stages rock up and make themselves well at home lol

As @InAtTheDeepEnd has Just stated. Leaving those lights off will be key to avoiding the uglies he is eluding to.

and that would mean at this point and Bio load like 2 months no lights. And dose bottled bacteria about once a week for the first month, ( as per the instructions).  

You’ll get there. Everyone’s first tank be it salt water or fresh, they want it to look awesome from day one. Unfortunately nothing good happens fast in reefing.( not my quote, but very true)

the more patience we exercise in the beginning, the better we fair in the long run.

hit the BRSTV 52 weeks of reefing series, the original and the new. Don’t worry about the sales plugs in the videos, they have to pay for there time some how. Just. Very good info. And no you don’t need all the equipment they will show as well. But it’s cool to have some perspective on its uses and functions.  Many people are very successful with bare minimum. Just depends on who you are, and how much time you have available to dedicate.

following along with your journey, as we are “all” learning new things all the time.

• Agree 1
InAtTheDeepEnd
12 hours ago, Staticmoves said:

As @InAtTheDeepEnd has Just stated. Leaving those lights off will be key to avoiding the uglies he is eluding to.

and that would mean at this point and Bio load like 2 months no lights. And dose bottled bacteria about once a week for the first month, ( as per the instructions).  

she 😉 

not all aquarists are blokes lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
KoralsandKicks
7 minutes ago, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

no update then?

I hope the fish are ok:(

My newest post is my new update and the fish are all good and behaving normally.