Innovative Marine Aquariums

Recommendations for AIO 4-8g w/ replaceable pump (invert tank)

cblack

I'm looking for a ~5g tank for a crab tank for a 9 year-old, ideally <$150 not including lighting.

I've been reading for a bit and see lots of concerns about cheap and weak circulation pumps that are not easy to replace.

She's hoping for either a pom pom or emerald crab and a hermit crab, perhaps some softies.

Any suggestions for such an AIO and/or pumps?

For lighting I'm hoping for something with a timer, bonus if there is some app control to set a schedule or colors.

Currently looking at Lominie and Nicrew, but there are many options.

I'd welcome any experience, tips, or guidance on tank, pump, or lighting!

I had a Fluval sea evo V saltwater. The journal is in my signature. Not a contestant

It was a great little tank. Alot of people upgrade some of the equipment. Which you can do it stages if needed. It sells for about $125. on amazon. I ran it stock for a year, and it was a great little tank.

We decided to go w/ a lifegard aquatics 7.4g w/ aio compartment and pump, but no included lighting.

https://lifegardaquatics.com/products/crystal-low-iron-ultra-clear-aquarium-with-built-in-side-filter-7-43-gallons-17-72-x-9-84-x-9-84?variant=40448315293869

For lighting, we've ordered NooPsyche K7 mini.

Next up is heater and perhaps a lid. Likely a magnetic frag rack.

Looking into cheap gravity-fed ATO.

Also considering sicce syncra nano pump as replacement return pump.

Current plan is to look for a good dry rock shape locally (may have to break something to fit) and start cycling with live sand and live rock rubble (hopefully w/o light, unsure if that is advisable or possible or not).