Pod Your Reef

AI Axis 40

boscoT

Aqua Illumination just released two new products.  One being a return pump.  I am currently running my 24gal AIO with a Sicce 1.0 251gph pump. I live in Canada and was not able to find anyone with these in stock.  I ordered to my US postal address from BRS.  

I picked up the AI Axis 40 400gph.  I just got home and removed the Sicce 1.0.  I cleaned it out and planning on keeping as a back up.  I didn't like not being able to control the pump during feedings.  Now I will have the axis matching my feeding schedule of my two Nero 3s.  I had to cut the return hose as the axis pulls water from the bottom and sits a bit higher than the Sicce.  

Setup was a breeze, the app updated the software and then I set the schedule for 63% 252gph.  I have two feed times scheduled that coincide with the Nero 3s and my fish feeder.  

Great flow and I like that it is not working at full speed all the time like the Sicce was.  

If anyone is looking for better return pump control, these Axis pump come in 3 sizes.  I wasn't able to find any reviews on them due to being so new, so I hope to be able to provide some feedback in the coming weeks. 

IMG_4594.JPG

• Like 1
Just now, PeterU said:

Wow, wish those were available a couple years ago when I setup my sump.

I feel a bit silly replacing my 2.5 month old sicce pump but this I like being able to control from an app.  I will say that this pump is relatively cheap compared to most AI products so it won’t be too bad of a hit.  And… I have a nice backup pump just in case lol.  

I just downloaded Mobius today and deleted the myAI app.  I will be adding Ecotech versa pump for dosing and Mobius can control the AI products as well.  As soon as I conn eyed the Mobius app I received product update warnings. Not sure why myAI didn’t update the Nero 3s.