Coral Vue Hydros

Any advice on the supplied mounting legs for my new Reef brite lumi pro led 50/50 30". I swear they are too small, not wide enough!

debbeach13

It looks like it should be so simple.

They look like they should just slide onto the end of the fixture. I have to be doing something wrong.

No manual or instructions in the box. I tried the product web site, Searched here, and online. Looked at images and videos about unboxing and reviews. No one actually shows putting the dam things on the fixture.

Also please include other tank mount options for a single fixture (or maybe 2 if actinic blue gets added). I rent so no hanging from the ceiling. 

TIA 

Before I posted here, I did use the contact page on reefbrite.com asking them for help.

Edited by debbeach13

Reef Brite e-mailed me yesterday, following their instructions. I spread out the mounting legs as much as possible and just made it fit. Not perfect but sturdy enough that I trust it. I wasn't sure about how good the spread would be. The actual Leds only cover 22' of the fixture with 3" reflectors on each end. The coverage is actually very good. I used the dimmer to lower the white until I liked the look. Used an old-fashioned timer so it is only on or off. I might miss the ramp up and down but after years of running T5's that way I know the corals don't care. I will post some pictures in my actual tank thread tonight.

I do appreciate Reef Brite timely response. 

• Like 1