Cultivated Reef

Button Scoly’s

mitten_reef

Anyone has any insights into these little gems?  Mine is slowly growing but the colors are spectacular. 

IMG_1109.thumb.jpeg.788ae0adec64098bd5c2ceb625baf697.jpeg

I know, it’s not ver fair placing right next to the jellybean chalice.  But it seems to hold its own on grabbing my attention. 

9 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

How big is it? 

Send it to me and I'll try it out 

That tile is 3”x3”, so size is a bit deceiving there. But I don’t think it gets bigger than 1-1.25” round fully puffed up at the moment. 

17 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

That tile is 3”x3”, so size is a bit deceiving there. But I don’t think it gets bigger than 1-1.25” round fully puffed up at the moment. 

It's adorable. Those colors are killer. I love that maroon/ burgundy 

• Thanks 1

All I know is the can act like asses like zoa's do,they will eat like crazy,the will die without reason and they can (I have seen one) get big like 6"x6". I was talking to the guys at TSA a few years back and the insight they gave me pretty much treat them like an Acan. 

Low light,medium flow and feed the crap out of it. The info from above was from TSA as well. They are just slow growers. 

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

All I know is the can act like asses like zoa's do,they will eat like crazy,the will die without reason and they can (I have seen one) get big like 6"x6". I was talking to the guys at TSA a few years back and the insight they gave me pretty much treat them like an Acan. 

Low light,medium flow and feed the crap out of it. The info from above was from TSA as well. They are just slow growers. 

18 hours ago, Justind823 said:

It's adorable. Those colors are killer. I love that maroon/ burgundy 

Thanks guys. 

yeah these are ravenous eaters, like their bigger cousin homophyllia australis (aka the “regular” scoly).  Idk if this species will get to a huge size like those. Guess I’ll have to try to keep these safe and sound long enough to find out. 

• Like 1