Cultivated Reef

Hello. 15 gallon aquarium. Not sure if that qualifies as a nano reef?

Big Jason

Hey all, I have had my saltwater aquarium for about 2 years. I am still kind of new. I have a blue damsel fish, 2 orange clownfish, 2 hermit crabs, 4 bristle worms of different sizes, a

feather worm, some snail kind of things with no shell, not sure what they are called, some asterina starfish, and a couple creatures I am not sure what they are called.

20231105_001521.jpg

20231105_002008.jpg

william_payne1

Welcome to NR! that is some serious flow, is that air bubbles? IMHO that's not desirable in any way, I would suggest getting that under control really quick, that would be fine for a freshwater but not salt. You may also want to get a turkey baster and use water in your tank to get as much air out of your live rock as possible, having all that air will cause some serious problems to your water parameters, bacteria growth, and coral health. You will find a plethora of info for these kinds of things here at NR the search feature is a good start. There used to be some really good articles on this sort of thing pinned but they are all old and have been archived so you might scroll through that section as well. Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

On 11/5/2023 at 9:16 AM, william_payne1 said:

Welcome to NR! that is some serious flow, is that air bubbles? IMHO that's not desirable in any way, I would suggest getting that under control really quick, that would be fine for a freshwater but not salt. You may also want to get a turkey baster and use water in your tank to get as much air out of your live rock as possible, having all that air will cause some serious problems to your water parameters, bacteria growth, and coral health. You will find a plethora of info for these kinds of things here at NR the search feature is a good start. There used to be some really good articles on this sort of thing pinned but they are all old and have been archived so you might scroll through that section as well. Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Thank you for your info.

william_payne1
1 hour ago, Big Jason said:

Thank you for your info.

You're welcome! and don't be afraid to ask questions, even those you my feel are "dumb" there are no dumb questions but do try the search feature first because it has probably come up at some point. The majority of NR members are very friendly and have a ton of information they are willing to share.