Top Shelf Aquatics

Forced to upgrade - seeking advice!

exosket

Hi everyone!

It’s been waaay too long but I’m back and in need of advice. My tank of.. gosh- 13 years(?) is in need of an upgrade. There is a slight gap between the bottom face of the glass and the wood cabinet beneath. The gap is growing and panic is setting in. I need to replace my system quickly.

I’ve been researching what to upgrade to but seems impossible to find. I’m looking for a shallow lagoon. 25-40 gallons. I found the set up of my dreams but the tank as a nick in the glass on the right side. The tank is discontinued and sits atop a red sea cabinet with a sump below. (Photos attached) I’ve been looking at the innovative marine AIO 25 and SR 60 but are those the only shallow lagoon tanks? 

I have two options- rebuild this set up myself (I can’t find a tank in these dimensions- custom?) or find something that already comes packaged like this. 

Any leads would be much appreciated!! I’m in New York, USA if that matters. 

IMG_5461.jpeg

IMG_5463.jpeg

Id go with the 40gal IMO, also depending on what coral and livestock you want to put in it. 

But if your going with LPS and softies, they will outgrow a 25 gallon very fast, which i am at. 

Currently waiting on blue friday... Nov.3 to pick up a Waterbox 155.5 frag, as i feel i probably won't outgrow that and i can finally have Tangs in my reef tank.   

But if 40 is the largest you will go, go with the 40, you won't regret not getting a larger tank, until it gets like 150gallon +  and you need a ladder to do maintenance on.  

Also try to get a tank with a overflow and lower compartment Sump. 

Stay away from All in Ones.  

Sumps make your life a whole lot easier, and also a lot cleaner.  

Premium brands would be like Cade / Waterbox / IM / RedSea / Nyos

SCA also makes nice aquariums, but their stands are really bad, and you will need to do all the piping for them.  

Ive also heard a lot of good things about Aqua Japan tanks as well, but i think you will also need to do all the plumbing for them as well.  

You can get great customized stands at Alufab made of Aluminum if you decide to go the SCA / Aqua Japan route, which i would highly recommend if you do go that route.  

I love those IM ext tanks, had a 30g I wish I never sold.

Only other mainstream option I can think of is cade's frag series, but they're crazy expensive. Maybe get a quote for a custom tank and compare it to your preexisting options, glass cages and planet aquariums are the two i've worked with most