Pod Your Reef

ViPell's Shallow Lagoon

TheVIPell

Hello everyone, been lurking on the forums for a long long time. Just started up a new tank and figured starting a journal would keep me motivated and allow me to keep track of any and all changes. The tank is a 16"x 16"x8" by Advanced Acrylics. Going bare bottom this time around and focusing on SPS / zoas. Currently its been up an running for 10 days with a single Clown and a Tailspot Blenny. I used some rock that was in my frag tank for the last year. Currently focused mainly on Birdsnest and Stylos. with some Zoas, a Digi, Monti and a green slimer that is in rough shape from a friends tank crash.

Equipment

Tank :16"x16"x8" Advanced Acrylics

Light : Hydra 32 with 3D Reefing Diffuser

Heater : 50 watt Cobalt Neo-Therm on Inkbird

Flow : Jebao Slw-3 and Tunze Nanostream 6040

Top Off : Autoaqua Sumpless ATO

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

10 days, looks wonderful. Do you have any other tanks that are wet?

I currently have a 10 gallon Nuvo thats just acting as a holding tank for my other 2 clowns and some Euphyllia. Going to be setting up a peninsula when i get around to building the stand. 

I had a small frag tank set-up. I dismantled that and set-up the new lagoon the same day.

Ive always tended to rush things in the hobby. Trying to take it nice and easy this time around.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...