ReefCleaners.org

[WTB] Nano Hydor Coralia Magnet/Suction Base

TenPointStudios

TenPointStudios

I have a nano Hydor Coralia 425 powerhead, but I seem to have lost the base that the red globe slots into.

I messaged Hydor - but I know they went through an ownership change recently and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Looking for a replacement for that piece if anyone has one.

This is a link to a photo of the model I'm talking about.

Photo of Unit

3 hours ago, TenPointStudios said:

I have a nano Hydor Coralia 425 powerhead, but I seem to have lost the base that the red globe slots into.

I messaged Hydor - but I know they went through an ownership change recently and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Looking for a replacement for that piece if anyone has one.

This is a link to a photo of the model I'm talking about.

Photo of Unit

I've got a broken 240 laying around somewhere and they share the same base - I'll see if I can find it. I don't think I threw it out. Have you tried reaching out to Hydor directly? They may be able to ship you the support base for the 240/425 if you reach out directly. Worst case scenario you can buy a whole new pump for less than $30 and then have the old one for spare parts.

TenPointStudios

Yep - I messaged them but haven't heard back. Will try again.

My understanding is they merged with a company in the EU so I wouldn't be surprised if that's playing a role. You can buy the replacement from an EU website, but it's ~30 euro + shipping to the US.

If I remember correctly, the outside piece of the mount is basically identical to the inside piece. So worst case scenario I'm thinking of buying another one along with a couple of strong magnets, and then I'd have two functional pumps.... though I'm not even sure what I'd use the spare powerhead for - maybe I'll finally get a wavemaker controller and get some seriously nice flow going 😀

1 hour ago, TenPointStudios said:

Yep - I messaged them but haven't heard back. Will try again.

My understanding is they merged with a company in the EU so I wouldn't be surprised if that's playing a role. You can buy the replacement from an EU website, but it's ~30 euro + shipping to the US.

If I remember correctly, the outside piece of the mount is basically identical to the inside piece. So worst case scenario I'm thinking of buying another one along with a couple of strong magnets, and then I'd have two functional pumps.... though I'm not even sure what I'd use the spare powerhead for - maybe I'll finally get a wavemaker controller and get some seriously nice flow going 😀

Hah, they are $27.71 on Amazon right now for the entire pump, so that'd be a bit silly. The inside and outside are in fact identical, only difference is the magnet is flipped on one side. Just use the suction cup that you do have on the inside and a regular rubber or plastic coated disc  magnet on the outside - it'd take up less space on the outside anyway.

If you didn't want to DIY fix it, to ship a replacement part would probably be 30% the cost of the entire pump so you might as well get a brand new pump and keep the old one for parts. The shaft on them is incredibly easy to bend and the impellers aren't the strongest so having extra is nice since the motor will never die. The 425 I have I use for a mixing pump, but before that it sat in my sump and ran 24/7 for more than 10 years and was only cleaned maybe 3 or 4 times ever and it's still running strong.

• 2 weeks later...
TenPointStudios

Just snagged one off Amazon for $25 shipped... figure I can't beat that and I may end up with two functional pumps... guess now I need a wavemaker controller... Oh how this hobby multiplies.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 3:40 PM, jservedio said:

Just use the suction cup that you do have on the inside and a regular rubber or plastic coated disc  magnet on the outside - it'd take up less space on the outside anyway.

This is my kind of fix. But if you decide you still want the matching disk. I know I have one in the extra parts junk tote. 

TenPointStudios
On 10/31/2023 at 8:39 AM, debbeach13 said:

This is my kind of fix. But if you decide you still want the matching disk. I know I have one in the extra parts junk tote. 

Appreciate it. I actually saw an amazon deal and bought a new one for $25. Now I have two functional wavemakers (put magnets on the outside glass).

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions