Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wood Support 2x4 For barrel - Vertical design

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

Mixing station.
I do have some space constraints.

I'm trying to figure out what is the most solid way to lay out the 2x4 to-stand barrel with water with the less amount of wood possible.

- I need to take out the barrel in and out for cleaning maintenance
- It needs to be all inside of 70x70cm no more.

So far those 2 layout don't inspire me confidence.
(The barrels will be cut at 2/3 mark and never full)

Thank you.

image.thumb.jpeg.e34c8ec0783bbefa43680c228c17349f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I take it you already have the barrels and that's why you're designing around them?

Is there a reason you're giving your stand "walls and a roof"?  Is the second barrel supposed to go on top?

Also, won't be that much weight, so 2x4 is overkill, unless that's the cheapest wood you have access to, or just prefer it for construction.  (2x4's are notoriously crooked/bent/et al.  Proper lumber will be much easier to work with, take up less space, and be lighter.)

It looks like you're trying to adapt the "RocketEngineer" stand.  Either way, IMO use that as your base design, and just leave out the uprights and the roof, if possible.

Last, what's the idea behind this design?   If it's supposed to be two tanks arranged vertically, is there any reason the lower tank can't just sit on the floor?  (Use a pump to get the water out.)