Top Shelf Aquatics

How to stop a mushroom from spreading?

willwelch

I put a mushroom in my tank the other day and now I realize that he is probably to close to my pulsing zenia (about 4 inches away). My concern is that as he grows or reproduces they will encroach on one another and one will sting the other. Is this a potential problem or will it be ok? If it is a problem does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep them seperated? They are on the same rock so moving rock is not an option. Thanks.

NanoReefTexas

If you frag the shrooms you should be ok, since they're the ones you want to stop from spreading. Besides, that way you can trade for new corals. :) BTW, I have searched high and low for true solid blue mushrooms, with no luck. I'm also interested in dark solid scarlet/blood red ones. Is this what you have? I have a softball sized rock of shrooms I'd trade that has faded looking purple ones, and a few teal hued ones.

NanoReefTexas thanks for the advice. These mushrooms are more of a dark reddish/orange. I got it from a member on RC that lives near me. It has been a great way to get started with the corals/shrooms. He also sold me a blue striped which is not as large but just as nice looking. Here is a link to his thread on RC. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=452758. Good luck.

NanoReefTexas

Cool looking shrooms, I want! Where ya located? Shoot me a PM, I'll give you my shroom rock in trade for a few polyps. I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to suck it up and pay $50 for true dark blues. Or better yet, my e-mail is predatory_orca@cox.net

Archived