Cultivated Reef

Coral additions and placement help!

ggabrielcc

This is my mums 15g cube that I’m trying to resurrect (currently working in the aptasia). At the moment it’s looking better for some more coral however it’s not quite clicking for me and I’m not sure why. It feels a bit messy and un natural. In my own tank I seem to find just the right spot but for this tank I’m a bit suck so any ideas on what coral to put where and any additions would be greatly appreciated! 

IMG_2207.jpeg

• Like 1

This it totally workable! 

I find that in all my my tanks so far moving coral off the sand and onto the rock makes it feel less messy. So that leather, maybe the mushrooms if you can move them somehow and whatever else is thats not on the main rock work. Even if you glue the shrooms rock to the main rock. Just an idea. 

Before going crazy moving stuff zap those aiptasias with F-aiptasia or something similar. So you can get them while they are easily accessible. 🙂 

• Agree 1
5 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

This it totally workable! 

I find that in all my my tanks so far moving coral off the sand and onto the rock makes it feel less messy. So that leather, maybe the mushrooms if you can move them somehow and whatever else is thats not on the main rock work. Even if you glue the shrooms rock to the main rock. Just an idea. 

Before going crazy moving stuff zap those aiptasias with F-aiptasia or something similar. So you can get them while they are easily accessible. 🙂 

Will start working in that, may have to throw out some coral unless I can find a hobbies as I’m over flowing with leathers haha. As for the aptasia I’m getting in some nudibranchs next week so hopefully they do there thing and get rid of it 🤞 any ideas on what to put in the centre of the tank? 

1 hour ago, ggabrielcc said:

any ideas on what to put in the centre of the tank? 

You could glue pretty much anything over there! Im not sure what sort of lighting that is but I assume your mom wants to keep it simple and probably stick to softies? Maybe some blue cespitularia?