SaltCritters.com

Booster pump question.

TheKleinReef

TheKleinReef

I got the aquatec booster pump for  my RODI since the pressure going through  the unity was 38PSI. Prior to install the TDS going into the DI resin was like 30-35 and after installing it, it's now 0.

Great.

My question is: if i turn the source line off, should the unit turn off as well? Or do I need to plug it in every time I turn it on?

It turns off when the float valve lifts and closes the output line to the ATO reservoir.

I've always turned the pump off unless the source line is running. I like to put a r/o line solenoid on the source line so I can hit 1 switch to turn on/off both the source line and my booster at once

TheKleinReef
3 minutes ago, Jaren45 said:

I've always turned the pump off unless the source line is running. I like to put a r/o line solenoid on the source line so I can hit 1 switch to turn on/off both the source line and my booster at once

Oooooo I like that idea, which solenoid did you get?

I do have an open outlet on the apex, I could use that and wire the solenoid/booster pump to a feed mode.

it's the one that comes with the auto aqua ro guardian, used to sell it by itself but I can't find it in stock anymore. Looks identical to the new hydros one too, they're all around $30

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, Jaren45 said:

it's the one that comes with the auto aqua ro guardian, used to sell it by itself but I can't find it in stock anymore. Looks identical to the new hydros one too, they're all around $30

Awesome thanks so much!