Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clownfish tail a little ripped up!!

jmoney7

It should heal up in time . The fish look healthy enough. Keep an eye on it though, you dont want any fungal or bacterial infections to set in.. Are they eating well?

• Like 1

Beautiful fish... I hope it's okay!! I've had fish get tail injuries like that, that just healed back up with no problems... 🤞🤞🤞

Keep an eye on the twitching, and see if you can film it. It may just be normal behavior, as that one is large enough that it's either a female already or is going to want to establish dominance and become a female, but it may also be a sign that something is wrong.

A tiny bit of damage to the tail doesn't mean anything except that this fish has been in a tank with other fish. No concerns there.

• Like 1
On 8/24/2023 at 5:35 AM, jmoney7 said:

has been twitching some too

Twitching is normal in clowns. My male and female both do it toward each other. It's a way of communicating, especially when something is going on in the tank. I see it a lot when feeding or rearranging rocks. They briefly have a chat about who's in charge :)

They also have a slightly different twitch that they do where they circle each other, twitching, and stir the sand in one spot. I believe this to be mating behavior, or practice as they mature.

• Like 1