Top Shelf Aquatics

Sick clownfish

RickvD

Hello,

yesterday evening everything was fine but after I woke up my clowns where laying on the sand breathing fast. Checked my parameters and nothing has changed since a few days ago… did a 20% water change but nothing seems to be helping…

Edit: not sure what was wrong, might have extremely over reacted. Everything seems good now.

On 7/9/2023 at 4:21 AM, RickvD said:

: not sure what was wrong, might have extremely over reacted. Everything seems good now.

Excellent.  (Good video, too.)

Clownfish act weird.  (←Try those words as a google search just for fun.)  

I would have interpreted the video as them "acting cute".   😉 

FYI...

If they were struggling to breathe (ie ammonia, parasites, stagnant water, etc) then it would be more likely for them to be at the surface and gasping.  

In any of those events, there would VERY likely be other clues along with the fast breathing.  

Really, any single symptom can usually be explained away almost all of the time.  When something is really going on though, the clues stack up...your gut will also tell you.

That being said, you should check out your whole system every day to assure the heaters are heating, the pumps are pumping, etc.  

Any sign of a power outage?

If it looks like everything is working, then it was probably just clownfish being clownfish.  👍🤞