Cultivated Reef

Safe shrimp for 13 G SPS Reef

phinatic

I had to remove my 5 sexy shrimp because they kept eating my stylophora after wiping out my encrusting monty. I would like to find a good shrimp to cleanup little bits of food that get trapped in macroalgae where my hermits cannot reach it. The sexy shrimp were light enough to walk the algae and you could see them cleanup little bits of detritus on there. However, I don't want a repeat of the SPS damage they caused. What expectations would you have for a skunk cleaner of fire shrimp? Would they be good in this role? Any other recommendations?

Either would be fine, they can still walk on top of the coral and irritate them but in my experience they will never eat coral.

In a smaller tank I really like pedersons cleaner shrimp, they're like a carribean version of the skunk cleaner. They stay small so you can have a small group of them as well

5 hours ago, Jaren45 said:

pedersons cleaner shrimp

Very cool shrimp. Are these also known as electric blue shrimp? Do you think they would do well with an Orchid Dottyback? It didn't really care about the sexy shrimp, but it occasionally pecks at a crab or snail near its cave.

Most likely, they are clear and bright blue for sure. I don't think the orchid should be an issue, they're more like a royal gramma than most other dottybacks.

• Like 1