inTank Media Baskets

Nero 3 setup

RickvD

Hello,

I just installed my Nero 3 and I wanted to be sure I’ve done it right. With this I mean the placement and strenght.

It keeps blowing all the sand away.

The tank is a waterbox peninsula 15

F9FAC1EE-A9E8-4825-BC47-806CDCDC8B3B.png

If you have small grained sand, the 70 and 75% will probably need to be turned down. I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 and I max mine out at 40% with fine grained Oolite sand. I think your tank may be taller than the Evo, so you may be able to raise the Nero and get it further from the surface. At 40%, I just barely start kicking up sand. I like that level for a max because it kicks up detritus and food. The other trick I used was identifying where the sand was first moving, and placing a small rock island right there to break the flow and disperse it more at the sand bed. That should all help somewhat.

Night Flow = Min 15 / Max 25 / Low Variance

Day Flow = Min 20 / Max 40 / Medium Variance

The night flow is more mild to help my clownfish relax rather than fight the current. This is partly since my dominant clown won't allow the smaller one to sleep in the same burrow with her. Without a good spot, I didn't want him getting banged up. They are fine during the day, but she won't let him stay over. :biggrin:

flow.jpeg

• Like 1