ReefCleaners.org

Ricordea florida

cornstar

Hi Guys

I was wondering if some of you experts could please post your experience and success of keeping Ricordea florida.

I love the coral and have read conflicting information on its requirements and ease of keeping.

Any tips or recomendations would be great (pics if you can be bothered).

Cheers

P.

they are great......give them good light and water flow....I drop a mysis shrimp in them once a week or so. Mine have been splitting on a regular bases for over two years now.....

NanoReefTexas

I just got some lavender Florida Ricordias and some green Ricordia Floridas, and they were worth every penny of the $220 I paid to have them shipped. Beautiful rock has 3 lavenders, and 8 greens. They really add texture to the living aquascape in my tank. Their colors are gorgeous, and they are easy to keep, and keep happy! I love them, and highly recomend them. I'll post the pic from Clams Direct where I bought them from in my gallery, but it doesn't begin to do them justice in person. I don;t have a digital camera... sowwie. :(

I started with Richordea only a few months ago and it has been doing great! I already started growing another stomach (i don't know if this is the right term, but the center organ) about a month ago and the past few days I saw another one starting. I just got my boyfriend one and the difference in colors between the two is amazing, dark and light, but both beautiful, I'll get some pics up later. Also at my LFS they are ony $8 a frag, a good deal for a great fast growing coral!

Archived