Coral Vue Hydros

Bubble Tip and Rock Flower anemone questions.

FirePanda

Will either of these species eat fish or inverts? Also, can I keep three bubble tip anemone and two rock flower anemone in the same 40 gallon Breeder?

2 hours ago, FirePanda said:

can I keep three bubble tip anemone

If you start with one and have good lighting/water, you will have 3 in no time. Same result and less risk/money

A bubble tip shouldn't harm anything unless possibly it dies, I had a bubble tip find its way into the overflow and get pulled apart once in a small tank, it killed a mandarin and another fish in the tank.  I did lose a Niger trigger to a carpet anemone, but that's a different story.

Bubble tip anemones will divide and spread rapidly if kept in a properly mature tank, i.e. probably one at least 8 months old. Three of them will be fine in there, but you'll have to start removing them once you have significantly more than that. They can sting fish, but generally won't manage to harm or catch anything unless it sits directly on them. Potentially best to avoid slow-moving perching gobies if you have a lot of BTAs. 

Rock flowers also need a mature tank, though they're a little hardier. They won't divide, but they can spawn. You can keep a lot more than 2 if you want. They have a milder sting and pretty much can't catch fish, except maybe seahorses.