Top Shelf Aquatics

Great find for small Refugium container for $10

Johnny Max

I have been looking everywhere for something (inexpensive) i can use for a refugium for my new 20g Nano-Reef Tank.

I was walking around Walmart, up and down every row looking for something that is tall and at least 2 gallons.

Well for $10.98 I picked up the container pictured below.

I may cut the handle off. Not sure.

It will set next to the tank connected by a siphon, with a small submersible return pump I already have,

Now to figure out how to set it up???

It 1s 13.25" tall and holds 2.8 gallons. I may have to put something under it to raise it up a little, but it will work.

It was the last one in stock.

20230420_125849.thumb.jpg.dcfe23c397e19d7b1b2ed7f0bb5a008f.jpg

• Johnny Max changed the title to Great find for small Refugium container for $10

What are you going to put in it? If all you want to do is utilize the power of c h a e t o you can use one of those clear strawberry pint baskets directly in the tank.

3 hours ago, MLS_Reef said:

What are you going to put in it? If all you want to do is utilize the power of c h a e t o you can use one of those clear strawberry pint baskets directly in the tank.

It will sit next to the 20g tank. Currently I just have a bunch of chaeto wrapped around a sponge filter, LOL

I am wanting to try to set up a refugium. It will be my first. I need to figure out how I want to set it up. I am just getting into reef tanks. Trying new things and learning along the way.

Chaeto.thumb.jpg.6d8df953a098e65e481cb908f97b195d.jpg