SaltCritters.com

Ryobi Power Inverter

Eschelon53x11

Eschelon53x11

Quick update. We only lost power for 3 hours. I used my 4 amp hour battery which I thought was fully charged, but according to the inverter was 3/4 charged. During those 3 hours the battery stayed at 3/4 full. Temperature of my water was 76.6 when my thermometer turned back on. 

• Thanks 1
On 4/18/2023 at 4:35 PM, ml86743 said:

Oooooo I like this, I might have to pick one up!  The ability to just swamp batteries is nice if one dies.  

Plug the battery charger with your spare batters into the inverter and you have infinite power!!!!  👍

😉 

• Like 1

BTW, can someone verify this math?

I think....

An 18 volt, 4 amp-hour battery has 72 watt-hours.

So a 75 watt heater will run for (72 ÷ 75 = .96) up to almost an hour on a totally full battery.

Of course, heaters don't run continuously like a pump would.  In a well-insulated tank in a reasonably warm house, that .96 hours could last all day.

A 4 watt power head on the same 18 volt 4 amp-hour battery would run for (72 ÷ 4 = ) up to about 18 hours continuously.

Running both devices on the same 4 aH battery would potentially give you a significantly smaller runtime than those numbers...especially dependent on how much heating is actually required.  A 75 watt heater all by itself COULD tap out that battery in a single hour if it had to run continuously.