inTank Media Baskets

Regarding the forum merging posts behavior

BadCrab

I've noticed that if I post twice to the same thread without a reply in between, the forum software edits the first reply and combines the two replies into one post.

Can that behavior be avoided or turned off on a thread-by-thread or user-by-user level in any way?  

I would like to keep the tutorial sections of my build thread separated from the blogging aspect
but I'm not sure how to do that if I can't choose where one post ends and another begins.

Cheers

• BadCrab changed the title to Regarding the forum merging posts behavior
mitten_reef

I think it’s based on time interval between posting. If you post twice back to back within 1-2 minutes apart, then they do get merge. Idk how long apart the posts need to be for them to be separated, but I’d try 5 minutes to start

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I think it’s based on time interval between posting. If you post twice back to back within 1-2 minutes apart, then they do get merge. Idk how long apart the posts need to be for them to be separated, but I’d try 5 minutes to start

That worked!

I guess I needed another reminder of the reef rules: be patient. 
Thanks!

• Haha 1
Snow_Phoenix

Just refresh your page before your next post and it *usually won't merge the replies. Otherwise, I believe the interval is 1 or 2 minutes before auto-merging the replies/posts. So you can either wait, or just refresh your current page/wander over to another thread, then return back to your thread and post the next reply. Should prevent the merging then.