Cultivated Reef

Water Parameter Test Kit

mokick3

Anyone know where I can purchase a water parameter test kit for a nano tank? It is only 15 gallons, and I remember reading there was a test kit that was smaller for nano tanks.

I think the general population here just uses a standard, off-the-shelf test kit designed for marine aquariums. I'm not sure what a smaller test kit would entail (smaller testing vials, maybe fewer tests?). I've not had a problem extracting test water using my 'Saltwater Master Liquid Test Kit' from even the smallest of nanos, but can't verify the test vial size of other test kits. If size is your concern, you could try the strip style test kits.

Perhaps if we knew what you meant by a 'smaller' test kit, we could help you in your quest.

The size of the tank has nothing to do with the test kit. Over the counter tests are equally useful for tanks 7 gallons or 700 gallons. Each test typically only samples 2-5 mil of water.

By smaller I ment just a scaled down version. Same kit for much less money. I also remember hearing those over the counter drops were not very accurate. If this is true, what are some other methods?

Archived