SaltCritters.com

What fish for a 10 gallon

KyleG.

Good evening!

I have a 10 gallon Aqueon that’s been up and running for a few months now. I’m running a aquaclear 50 with floss and marine pure, charcoal and gfo if needed, a wavemaker and an aqua knight a029 light  currently I have a yellow watchman, a blood shrimp, and a occ clown. I also have some gsp and Anthelia well on the way in growth. I am kinda hoping to add another fish as one side of the tank is inhabited hahah all the other livestock are sticking to the left hand side. Any suggestions for another fish I could feasibly add? A gramma, neon goby, fire fish? I also plan on getting more coral!

I think it would have to be something uber-small like the Neon goby option.  

BTW, if the tank has only been running a few months on that meager setup (sounds like a fish-only setup), you might wait a few more months to really see how it goes before adding more fish.  For a tank this size, a clown and YWG is already pretty well stocked.

Take the extra time to add those corals you mentioned.  See what you think about the fish after that's all settled and stable.   Just IMO.  🙂 

• Like 1

Yeah that’s what I kinda figured, like I mentioned my gsp and Anthelia are doing good as are the fish and shrimp, I was kinda just curious to see if it was possible! But more Corals are definitely on the way! I appreciate the reply!

• Like 1

Yeah, your tank is probably about fully stocked. Give it a few months at least, see how things go. You could try adding some nice caves and arches to the other side to try and lure the critters over there. Scarlet skunk shrimp like to hang upside-down from arches, and I think blood shrimp might do the same, so you may be able to move it by giving it a particularly nice spot.

Gotcha, I have caves on both the left and right side as well as an arch connecting both structures. The shrimp originally liked the arch but soon made way in with the YWG hahah. And the clown was added not to long ago does his thing but sticks to the left hand side, so the cave on the right is just empty