Carp890

My torch has gone down hill??

Nitrate 32.1 high 

Phosphate 0.17

Alkalinity 7.7

Ph 8.0

Temp 26.3c

Salinity 1.026

100ltr nano tank 9 month old. Water change weekly 20% trying to drop nitrate all other coral doing fine. The one next door is fine 

The one in question blue tip green as you can see is shedding losing tentacles. I haven't added anything to my tank for ages. It's happened in 24 hours any help appreciated 16782668251261445255887283961226.thumb.jpg.3203ad24370a2c0f8248a6092f55ce33.jpg

Oh no, I’m sorry… I’m not sure how to stop that process… it happened to a torch I had in my first tank when it was still pretty new and I lost it, but I’ve been able to grow other torches since then with no problems. 

Might want to try Reef2Reef for help… there might be more people still online there that can help.

TheKleinReef

torches are super susceptible to bacteria infections. i wonder if something irritated it and caused an infection to settle in.

this happened to my NY knicks torch and i was so sadge. an iodine bath was done, but too late.

9 hours ago, Carp890 said:

My torch has gone down hill??

Nitrate 32.1 high 

Phosphate 0.17

Alkalinity 7.7

Ph 8.0

Temp 26.3c

Salinity 1.026

100ltr nano tank 9 month old. Water change weekly 20% trying to drop nitrate all other coral doing fine.

So far, logic would suggest that the problem could be the water changes.

But you haven't mentioned why the nitrates are so high?  Overfeeding (I'm guessing!) can be hard on such a young tank, so maybe there was an ammonia spike to match the current nitrate levels?  Any chance you're still testing for ammonia?

You also didn't mention Ca or Mg levels.  How stable were salinity, alk, ca, mg during the timeframe when nitrates "got out of control"?  And how stable have they been during the aggressive water changes to lower nitrates?

This is subjective, but I also think the torch on the right looks like it's in attack mode.  Could be that one of the above things (or something we haven't uncovered yet) kicked this guy into attack mode even if he has been peaceful up to now.

FYI, I wouldn't worry about nutrient levels in such a young tank.....trying to manipulate those levels carries a higher chance of causing problems vs doing the same things on a more mature tank.  As long as there isn't something "negative" like overfeeding contributing to those levels, then you can rest assured that those nutrients will eventually be consumed by your corals.  There's nothing wrong per se with your posted NO3 and PO4 levels.

Any chance you can post a full tank picture with daylights on?

TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, mcarroll said:

So far, logic   my opinion would suggest that the problem could be the water changes.

FTFY.

advice like this doesn't help. it's creating more questions. if huge swings in any parameter were known, OP likely would have stated so. also what you would do, doesn't mean every other method is invalid.

these sweeping generalization fixes to every different problem is getting old.

OP. are any other corals looking stressed? that will give us a clear picture on one coral being irritated versus a system wide issue that needs to be addressed.