ReefCleaners.org

What the heck is this?? Nassarias without his shell?

crestier18
Go to solution Solved by mitten_reef,

I found this guy cruising my glass and I thought maybe it was my nassarius but it lost its shell? Last thing that was added was a nassarius and possum wrasse on February 16th. It has two black eyes, some feelers around its face, and a small hard shell on its back.258E4549-5A2E-4CBF-A6D4-ECCB7B9BD408.thumb.jpeg.7cf3a8af6a68ce0b52eaeedcd4524564.jpegE972FD69-A928-4EDB-8797-AC5F1A529CD3.thumb.jpeg.73206c67f5733054a1274670a65d78ed.jpeg

• Like 1

The OP of threads in certain sections now has a clickable thing saying "mark as solution" under all posts made to that thread.

FWIW, a snail's internal organs are all in its shell. If its shell is badly broken, or removed outright, it'll die. This is indeed a stomatella, which naturally has only that little shell, like how slugs naturally have a tiny shell or none at all.

• Like 2
On 2/28/2023 at 3:04 AM, banasophia said:

What?! Wow!! How did you designate mitten’s answer as the solution like that? 

Yeah it just had a button and I clicked it. I thought it was pretty neat too!

12 hours ago, Tired said:

The OP of threads in certain sections now has a clickable thing saying "mark as solution" under all posts made to that thread.

FWIW, a snail's internal organs are all in its shell. If its shell is badly broken, or removed outright, it'll die. This is indeed a stomatella, which naturally has only that little shell, like how slugs naturally have a tiny shell or none at all.

Ahh I see, thank you! I probably should've known that haha

• Like 1