Coral Vue Hydros

Has anyone had success with a 9-watt Aquashield UV sterilizer on a IM 20 gallon tank for Ostreopsis dinos or any recommendations for a UV for this IM 20 Fusion tank?

RemoGaggi

I've confirmed ostreopsis dinos in my tank and I'm looking a UV sterilizers.  The Aquashield 9 watt will drop right into the back of the tank.  Has anyone had tried this UV?  I'm also open to other recommendations for my 20 gallon tank.  Thanks.

I have the 9 watt and love it!  The biggest concern is making sure the water from the overflow enters the UV chamber.  I replaced the stock sponge with filter floss myself, but making sure whatever you have in there stays clear of debris is important so water doesn't spill over the sides. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ml86743 said:

I have the 9 watt and love it!  The biggest concern is making sure the water from the overflow enters the UV chamber.  I replaced the stock sponge with filter floss myself, but making sure whatever you have in there stays clear of debris is important so water doesn't spill over the sides. 

Thank you!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RemoGaggi said:

I've confirmed ostreopsis dinos in my tank and I'm looking a UV sterilizers.  The Aquashield 9 watt will drop right into the back of the tank.  Has anyone had tried this UV?  I'm also open to other recommendations for my 20 gallon tank.  Thanks.

It would be more ideal, if possible, to run it in the main display while you're dealing with Dino's.   You can move it to it's "normal" position after they are gone if you want.

You can check this thread for UV recommendations to make sure yours is the right size/wattage to do the job.

• Like 1

Ive been using this one on my 35 gallon... 

A-A Green Killing Machine 9 watt UVC https://a.co/d/7X4p0vI

Just got it off amazon. Works well. Probably comparable to what your considering. Simple to install, runs quiet and its on the lower end of cost for these things.

The downside is that its gonna take a chunk of space, probably want to make sure it fits in your back chamber. 

Hope that helps! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used a small 9 watt UV for dino on a 25g, I think it helped but took awhile. I used a huge Aqua UV 25 watt on a 20g and the dino was gone by the next day.. lol 🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1