Innovative Marine Aquariums

Seachem sucks…

daniejd

Had some nutrient issues. So I figured I would try Purigen. Bought the prebagged 100 ml amount. Followed the directions, gave it a quick rinse, dropped it in a high flow area, walked away. Came back a bit later and was like ‘What’s all this white sh*t blowing around my tank?’ Turns out the bag wasn’t ripped or broken, just a lot of the balls are too small for the bag they came in. It this case going straight into the pump and into the tank. No idea how many of the balls the fish ate, breathed in, or the corals ate, or even how to get it out. This is a bit depressing. And if someone from Seachem ever runs across this post. You knew it was an issue (your own website has many posts with the same issue), I don’t want to be contacted to ‘fix’ the issue, fix your sh*t  (oh I don’t know, try maybe, using bigger beads, or smaller mesh, or here is a crazy idea screen the beads before you bag them). Uggg rant complete.