Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

GankPike tank

SingingSiren

Anyone have experience with a GankPike 8 gallon AIO tank? Husband got it for me, have no idea what I can put in it. It’s set up to have small fish and says equipped for coral. It does have lights. 
Thanks

3-black-copy.jpg

https://gankpike.com/product/gankpike-8-gallon-saltwater-aquarium-marine-fish-tank-reef-tank-with-pump-and-protein-skimmer/

It's a cute tank.  Like Deb mentioned, it looks like it could make a nice little nano tank.  My first saltwater tank was seven gallons.  However, the pic below is not achievable (must have been Photoshopped).

%E6%B5%B7%E6%99%AF%E5%9B%BE6%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

Those fish would need need almost 20 times the water volume.  And while I can't find the specs on the light, I'm guessing that light won't support some of the SPS corals they picture in there.  For those following along:

LED.jpg

But I speculate that growing some hardy beginner (low light demanding) corals should be fine.  It even looks like you could replace the light fairly easily down the road if you wished.

All in all, it looks like a neat beginner system.

11 hours ago, SingingSiren said:

have no idea what I can put in it

I'd consider a couple of small gobies (like a yellow clown goby and a neon goby).  Maybe a few beginner soft corals (like zoanthids, green star polyps, etc).  You'll also need about five pounds of live rock.  It would be helpful if that rock was was already live (from a working tank or aquacultured from the ocean), versus starting off with dry rock.

Deb is right, we need a little more information about your experience level and what you already know (or if you have had any other saltwater tanks before).

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I was worried about it being too small for my liking so I had my husband return it. I decided to get the Fluval Evo 13.5. Just gives me some more room. 
Yes , I have some experience with saltwater tanks. I had a Biocube 16 for a few years before I sold it. Worst mistake,lol! I miss that tank so much!

I’ve decided to get another tank and start back up again. 

• Like 3