inTank Media Baskets

Nanobox Controller

Arce

I have my ati nanobox hybrid from years ago but recently replaced them for some AI hydras. I wanted to restore the ATI to just t5 and pull out the nanobox for a small nano or side project.

Since ive returned to the hobby it looks like DIY leds are a thing of the past.

Does anyone know how i can remove the bluefish controller and either install a different one (i dont want to pay a subscription for a 7yr old light on a side project) or do manual dimmers?

I probably have a Nanobox thingy that should plug in where the bluefish goes. It lets you run your hybrid to Apex variable dimming ports. If you have apex that is. 

I am terrible at explaining. Can probably find a link to it. 

17 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Otherwise I think… you might be able to use the old storm controllers?

I thought of the storm controllers but wasn't sure if they were compatible. Also not sure how much if a project it is to change from the bluefish

• 3 weeks later...

Reef-pi! It's got web control and lots of other options, but can work well as a standalone lighting controller with minimal supporting parts if all you need is two channels of control, but can handle up to 16 channels with an additional breakout board. No subscription needed.

• Like 1

Also,

DIY LED isn't dead, just greatly lessened. Now that the commercial options are so ubiquitous and more competitive you don't see much DIY anymore. Only some of us that want different options, form factors, or are handy enough to do it affordably still doing it.

• Like 1

I still use Storm controllers and 110% compatible with your light. Just unplug the dimming wires from the BF and plug it into the Storm. 

I have a BF as well,but don't have a IMP card and really don't wanna pay $25 for one and then the subscription.

But I am probably one of tbe last DIY'ers left on this forum lol. 

• Like 1