Jump to content
Innovative Marine Aquariums

? on GSP growing on back wall


sadie

Recommended Posts

I am rescaping my 16 gal tank.  I love the look of gsp growing on back walls.  I have thought about doing it for a while, but thought about seeking advice before dong it.

 

If you have done it what were the pros and cons?  If you have done it and regreted it- why did you?

 

I have a tonga branch that is covered in gsp and I was thinking of gluing it on the back wall.  I was thinking if I didn't like it, I could just scrape it off. But because I have never done it, I don't know how easy it is to scrape off.

 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

 

 

Link to comment

Subsea, that looks AMAZING!!  See, I LOVE that!!  I think my main rock is far enough away from the back wall it won't spread to the rock.  I am planning to cut off any branching pieces to keep it flat to the wall.  I will also stop it from growing on the glass by cutting it as it starts to spread there.

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment

Grows on the back wall on my Biocubes okay, but algae likes to grow in it… I’ve had an even better experience with growing cyphastrea on the back wall on my 32, if you want to check out the pics in my thread. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, sadie said:

I am rescaping my 16 gal tank.  I love the look of gsp growing on back walls.  I have thought about doing it for a while, but thought about seeking advice before dong it.

 

If you have done it what were the pros and cons?  If you have done it and regreted it- why did you?

 

I have a tonga branch that is covered in gsp and I was thinking of gluing it on the back wall.  I was thinking if I didn't like it, I could just scrape it off. But because I have never done it, I don't know how easy it is to scrape off.

 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

 

 

I’ve done regular and branching gsp. Both worked quite nicely but every once in a while a snail will bulldoze a small section. When that happens I just trim that section because it risks tearing it all loose. 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

but every once in a while a snail will bulldoze a small section. When that happens I just trim that section because it risks tearing it all loose. 

good to know, thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
43 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Grows on the back wall on my Biocubes okay, but algae likes to grow in it… I’ve had an even better experience with growing cyphastrea on the back wall on my 32, if you want to check out the pics in my thread. 

That is pretty.  Does it grow fast?  Will it grow under the stock lighting of the 16?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, sadie said:

That is pretty.  Does it grow fast?  Will it grow under the stock lighting of the 16?

Yes, grows fast and in all directions… it grows over GSP too because I had both on my back wall. Should grow under the Biocube 16 lights too… I never tried it in that tank though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...