Pod Your Reef

Aloha from the Outer Banks

Fish out of Water

Fish out of Water

Hi there Nano Reef! I moved from Hawaii to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Miss the island, but it is great to be able to get back to keeping corals. 

A little about me, I have worked in public aquariums for a good part of my career. I specialized in corals, quarantine of all livestock, and water quality labs. A few years back I was a writer for Reef Builders, (having kids really slowed this down.) I am currently running an aquarium maintenance company for residential and commercial clients. I guess by now I have a little saltwater in my blood.

I am in the process of setting up my nano. It is a 25 Gallon Innovative Marine Fusion Pro AIO. It is cycling and I started a journal for it recently. It was given to me by a friend that wanted to travel more. Excited to see it develop.

From reef aquariums to scuba diving the ocean has always held a good portion of my passion. It's nice to join a community of people that share many of my same interests.

Mahalo!  (Thank You!)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...