inTank Media Baskets

Gsepanik’s Budget IM 15

Gsepanik

Just ordered a new IM 15. So stoked! I had a nuvo 10 in highschool and then got out of the hobby before college. Here I am in college and I wandered into an LFS a week ago and immediately got sucked back in. The girlfriend had to pull me out of the store before I walked out with the IM 50 gallon lagoon lol. Anyway, I decided to stay within in my means and opt for the highly affordable (until I start buying coral at least) IM 15. I think I’m going to make it a dedicated Zoanthid/acan tank, with one euphyllia, a nice monti cap, and a birds nest. As for equipment I’m going to keep it relatively low-tech, with the promise to myself that if I grow a healthy tank in a low-tech manner for a year I’ll allow myself to upgrade. For lighting I’ve been looking at noopsyche, kessil (hate the separate controller), or aqua illumination (heard mixed reviews concerning longevity). I really wish nanoboxreef was still around as I always wanted one of their lights in highschool. Anyway, I’m ordering my rock today so I’ll post an update when I figure out my aquascape. 

• Gsepanik changed the title to Gsepanik’s Budget IM 15
On 10/14/2022 at 4:20 PM, debbeach13 said:

Welcome to NR and back to reefing.

Thank you very much. 

I have my rock on the way. Curious.. what are your favorite ways to secure your rock? I’m not looking into anything especially invasive (acrylic rods, drilling, etc.) just basic. Has anyone used the aqua forest cement?